Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I live in Canada and ever since the release of iOS5 the iTunes store has been PAINFULLY slow for me.

I have a 100Mbps connection (12.5 megabytes per second) and downloading Apps and Music has always been near 8-12 megabytes per second. Ever since the day that iOS 5 was released I now download at about 350kb/s maximum, no matter what day or what time of day or what device I use. iPhone 4/3GS/iPad/Macbook Pro/PC all max out at 350kb/s on iTunes store and it's killing me for some app updates that are over 200mb!

Has anyone else noticed this? I know it started happening on iOS 5 day because it's been blazing fast for years prior.

I can download IPSW files through iTunes at my max speed, but Music/Movies/Apps/Tv shows cap out at 350KB/s.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue, I thought it would go away in time but it's just driving me nuts now. I've tried with a router, without a router, updated drivers and everything and it makes no difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.