PDA

View Full Version : Push notifications in IOS 5.0

Jarred1
Nov 3, 2011, 02:16 PM
I have a white iPod Touch 4g 32g that is running on IOS 5 for some reason when I get a message from facebook I don't get a notification. I had the iPod touch 3g 8g running on IOS 4.2.1 and when ever I got a new message on facebook I would get a notification saying so and so sent me a message. I can't figure out how to make this happen on the 4th gen iPod. Please Help

Thanks in advance
Jarred

appleZtouch
Nov 3, 2011, 11:01 PM
Go to settings then go to notifications. Scroll down and there you can set different apps notifications including facebook =)

Jarred1
Nov 4, 2011, 05:20 AM
They are on and it still isn't working.
Under the facebook app here is what is on:

Notification center: On
Show: 5 Recent Items
Alert Style: Banner
Badge app Icon: On
Sounds: On
View in lock screen: On

It was working for a little bit when I was using my other iPod touch and sending messages from my sisters account to me at her house. When I came home they quit working again....

rbrian
Nov 4, 2011, 05:33 AM
The Facebook app has always been a bit flaky. On my 3GS, whether on iOS 4 or 5, it rarely gave notifications - never if it wasn't running, and maybe one in five if it was. So far it's been working fine on my brand spanking new 4S... so far.

Thetonyk123
Nov 4, 2011, 06:23 AM
They are on and it still isn't working.
Under the facebook app here is what is on:

Notification center: On
Show: 5 Recent Items
Alert Style: Banner
Badge app Icon: On
Sounds: On
View in lock screen: On

It was working for a little bit when I was using my other iPod touch and sending messages from my sisters account to me at her house. When I came home they quit working again....

The facebook app hasn't been working that well for some people but it's odd how mine works perfectly

I have all the same settings as you except I have 10 recent items in Notification Center