PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch 2nd Gen Error 36

celo.trujillo
Nov 3, 2011, 04:04 PM
I have an iPod touch 2nd Gen. I went to use it and some of the icons were just white squares. I decided to restore, it gave me the following error code "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error code (36)". It was then stuck in DFU mode.

I read to use blackra1n to stop this process it worked and I was able to get the iPod on again but all the apps where now white squares.

I attempted a second restore by selecting erase all from the iPod itself and once again it was stuck in DFU mode so I ran blackra1n again and now the screen is black unit shows nothing. However iTunes recognizes the unit as an iPod in recovery mode but every time I restore I get error code (36).

I have a MacBook Pro running Lion with all the latest updates and iTunes 10.5

Thank you for your time

Thetonyk123
Nov 3, 2011, 06:34 PM
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216928

Have you tried tinyumbrella?

celo.trujillo
Nov 3, 2011, 08:49 PM
So Tiny Umbrella did something cause now my iPod is stuck on a white screen. I opened tiny umbrella the only option available was fix recovery which I clicked.

----------

Also now when i click restore iTunes says The iPod could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

Thetonyk123
Nov 3, 2011, 09:12 PM
So Tiny Umbrella did something cause now my iPod is stuck on a white screen. I opened tiny umbrella the only option available was fix recovery which I clicked.

----------

Also now when i click restore iTunes says The iPod could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

Download the ipsw (4.2.1) and try to DFU restore

celo.trujillo
Nov 3, 2011, 09:25 PM
Downloaded 4.2.1 ispw tried restore and also tried a restore by holding down alt and selecting the 4.2.1 ispw. Still recieving the error "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.