Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Hello. I have been thinking of jumping into the iOS programming scene as I just like to program stuff and would like to do it first as a hobby. Problem is I am low on cash and buying a mac is out of question. I have a PC which is great except xcode is not going to work on windows. The PC is an HP G50-122CA laptop.

I was just wondering if anyone has done iOS programming using virtualization of OSX using VMware? Is it doable? Is the hackintosh method better? Or the only way is to save up and buy a mac?

thanks.

Sykte

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Hello. I have been thinking of jumping into the iOS programming scene as I just like to program stuff and would like to do it first as a hobby. Problem is I am low on cash and buying a mac is out of question. I have a PC which is great except xcode is not going to work on windows. The PC is an HP G50-122CA laptop.

I was just wondering if anyone has done iOS programming using virtualization of OSX using VMware? Is it doable? Is the hackintosh method better? Or the only way is to save up and buy a mac?

thanks.

I understand your short on cash but you could do http://www.macincloud.com/ for 20.00 a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.