PDA

View Full Version : iPad as touchscreen for photoshop (like wacom cintiq)

blender
Nov 4, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hey guys,

I just had the idea to use my iPad like the Wacom cintiq. What if it is possible to have the power of the mac (due USB Connection) and the possibility to use a pen to draw pictures on the iPad?

I think it should be possible?!

Does anybody have a clue? Does something like this exist? Anybody interested in inventing something new?

Regards

blender

Sdevante
Nov 4, 2011, 11:55 AM
Aren't Wacoms pressure sensitive? I don't believe the iPad is equipped to have the same finesse as a Wacom.

Yr Blues
Nov 4, 2011, 01:15 PM
Aren't Wacoms pressure sensitive? I don't believe the iPad is equipped to have the same finesse as a Wacom.

That could be a future feature. Pressure sensitivity for precise design work.

mKTank
Nov 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
Not to mention it needs a thin stylus. Those sausage styluses aren't going to help you much in Photoshop.

Alex-91
Dec 29, 2011, 04:17 AM
Try SketchBook Pro , it's not photoshop (duh... LOL ) , but it's still useful for a quick sketch while you're out somewhere ...
The nib of the stylus isn't great , yes , it's too thick , but with some time you do get hold of it .
I guess it really depends on what would you do with citique ... i mean if you'd use it to draw and sketch professionally then nothing can replace that .
But if it's more of a fun thing , and just drawing the app is great ( I must say though that I haven't yet tried other apps like this , always wanted to try Art Set app too ) , the price isn't too high and if you do learn to use it , such brushes as "airbrush" can even , in some way , substitute the "pressure- sensitivity" issue .
But again , I do agree with mKTank , the stylus is too thick ...
and for now cintique is the best thing to go with for more professional kind of work , ( or just get a wacom tablet if you still don't have one ... XD )

:)

That could be a future feature. Pressure sensitivity for precise design work.

great idea ! somebody should really propose it to :apple: !

A.X.