PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Keyboard Issue

filmbuff
Nov 5, 2011, 08:46 PM
I've got an iPad 1 and just got a Hype bluetooth keyboard for it. The problem is that if I don't touch the keyboard for a minute then start typing again, nothing happens for several seconds while it reconnects. It doesn't lag while I'm typing but it goes to standby mode or something every time I stop for a minute.

Is that a problem with the iPad, problem wit the keyboard, or is it something that always happens when using a wireless keyboard? I that's true is their a jailbreak fix for it? I would rather use the onscreen keyboard than wait 5 seconds every time I start typing.

jsh1120
Nov 5, 2011, 10:43 PM
I've got an iPad 1 and just got a Hype bluetooth keyboard for it. The problem is that if I don't touch the keyboard for a minute then start typing again, nothing happens for several seconds while it reconnects. It doesn't lag while I'm typing but it goes to standby mode or something every time I stop for a minute.

Is that a problem with the iPad, problem wit the keyboard, or is it something that always happens when using a wireless keyboard? I that's true is their a jailbreak fix for it? I would rather use the onscreen keyboard than wait 5 seconds every time I start typing.

A delay is common in bluetooth keyboards. The keyboard is turned off to save battery while it is not being used. However, if you are truly waiting five seconds before the keyboard accepts keystrokes my guess is that the firmware for the keyboard is not optimized or (less likely) that your firmware is faulty. Not all keyboards are equally adept at "waking up." Much like me at 5AM.