Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobodyhome

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I haven't even the foggiest idea how to even go about making this work. Before to make a shared calendar work from one account across multiple phones I simply imputed the calDAV information on each phone and it worked. Now, thanks to the new iCloud setup I'm left stunned and confused.

Long story short:

How can I make a setup like this work?
48e0f101412e773c3528ac68e8c1c95b06fd4f0ce02265ce267a6766fe1d9b603g.jpg

I've tried reading various articles and posts trying to figure it out, but nothing seemed to really work. Google didn't help much.

Thanks for any help! Oh, and leave the mockery of the drawing at the door. Thx.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I might be missing something here, but what you're wanting to do is exactly what iCloud does. If you just want to use the calendar features, enable icloud then turn everything else off except for calendar. For the iPhone 3G, since it can't get iOS 5, do the process the poster above put for setting it up on other devices.

nobodyhome

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I might be missing something here, but what you're wanting to do is exactly what iCloud does. If you just want to use the calendar features, enable icloud then turn everything else off except for calendar. For the iPhone 3G, since it can't get iOS 5, do the process the poster above put for setting it up on other devices.

Ah, I think by over simplifying my explanation I've left something important out.

Right now everybody has their own personal calendars while one account is a group shared calendar. With the previous iOS & calDAV everybody could access their personal calendars as well as the group calendar without having to turn on and off calendars in the settings. Everything could be edited and viewed within the calendar app.

That's what I'm trying to achieve.

I'll give that a try.

kronborg

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2011
Copenhagen
From the icloud.com web interface, you can share a calendar with other iCloud users, by clicking the small icon to the right of the calendar name. Not sure how it works on the iPhone 3G though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.