Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashkaul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
I had some music in flac format which I converted to Apple Lossless (m4a) using dBpoweramp on a windows PC. I then copied it to my iTunes music library. The track plays on my PC in itunes, however, when I sync either my iPhone 4 or iPad 2 to the iTunes library the m4a track does not get synced to either of the devices and I get a message saying "the track did not get copied because this iPhone / iPad can not play it."

Both devices are updated to iOS 5. Another relevant piece of info is that this is a single track but it is pretty long - about35 mins (750 mb). It's actually the rip of the entire side of a Vinyl record and is unsplit into separate tracks.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Last edited:

ashkaul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
Solution: ALAC not syncing to iphone / ipad

I had some music in flac format which I converted to Apple Lossless (m4a) using dBpoweramp on a windows PC. I then copied it to my iTunes music library. The track plays on my PC in itunes, however, when I sync either my iPhone 4 or iPad 2 to the iTunes library the m4a track does not get synced to either of the devices and I get a message saying "the track did not get copied because this iPhone / iPad can not play it."

Both devices are updated to iOS 5. Another relevant piece of info is that this is a single track but it is pretty long - about35 mins (750 mb). It's actually the rip of the entire side of a Vinyl record and is unsplit into separate tracks.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Issue resolved - The problem was the sampling rate. The flac file was at 96000. iPhone cannot handle more than 44100. Downsampled the track and now it syncs fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.