PDA

View Full Version : upgrade from windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit on bootcamp

rayc
Nov 6, 2011, 02:24 PM
how can i do this? i've been having problems doing it. any ideas.

johnhurley
Nov 6, 2011, 05:41 PM
how can i do this? i've been having problems doing it. any ideas.

What did you do and what problems have you had?

Why don't you start with a complete description of you system and current configuration please?

balamw
Nov 6, 2011, 05:43 PM
There is no path to upgrade. It basically is backup -> reinstall -> restore files and settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/upgrading-to-windows-7-frequently-asked-questions

If your PC has a 64 bit-capable processor (CPU), you can install a 64-bit version of Windows 7, even if you are currently running a 32-bit version. However, to install a 64-bit version of Windows 7 on a computer already running a 32-bit version, you'll need to back up your files and choose the Custom option during installation. Then, you'll need to restore your files and reinstall your programs.

Is this what you were doing?

B

rayc
Nov 6, 2011, 07:02 PM
i have a macbook pro 13" unibody mid 2009 model a1278 and i have 8 gb memory on this model, this is equipped with an intel 64 bit processor, but i already have bootcamp installed with windows 7 pro 32 bit by accident. when i was trying to restore everything.

also what's the fastest way to backup all your mac and windows partitions and reimage it quickly? i've been wondering about this for some time? need to upgrade from the 32 bit pro edition to the 64 bit ultimate edition