PDA

View Full Version : Turn off lba-48?

AtmChm
Nov 7, 2011, 09:25 AM
I've had some weird problems since running that scrip and making two partitions for a total larger than 128 GB on a 160 GB WD HD. I had that drive in a Cube and it has frozen several times within the first 10 or 15 minutes coming out of sleep. I took the hard drive out and put it in a G4 digital audio and also had lockups and not been able to boot, so I'd like to remove lba-48. What is the way to do this?

I reset the PRAM (command-option-p-r) on the tower and all seems to be well now. However, in the Cube I have a PowerLogix cpu upgrade, so if I have to reset the PRAM on that, it looks like I will need to re-run the firmware upgrade I had to do to install the PowerLogix cpu. Just wondering if there is another way to remove the lba-48?

Thanks!

666sheep
Nov 7, 2011, 11:40 AM
You could try modified OF code:

nvedit
dev_hd
dev_..
"_"_"_lba-28"_property
device-end

<Press Ctrl+C to exit from nvedit>

nvstore
setenv_use-nvramrc?_true
reset-all

_ substitutes space.

Set LBA 48 on DA first, and try above in OF. If I am right, it should set LBA to 28 bit addressing (which I presume is default for ATA 5 in those computers).

If it would work properly, apply the same to Cube.
It shouldn't clear PLogix firmware patch because it doesn't reset NVRAM. But don't quote me on this, because I've never done it this way ;)