Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cvam1985

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
When I sync my iPhone the apps that I've deleted on the phone still stay in iTunes. Is there a way to automatically delete them when it syncs?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
No, there currently isn't. Why would you want them off of your computer? I'm glad that iTunes stores them so I can remove and re-sync as I please.

cvam1985

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
No, there currently isn't. Why would you want them off of your computer? I'm glad that iTunes stores them so I can remove and re-sync as I please.

Well for example if I delete apps that I no longer want or hate and never want to try again. If I've synced my phone since downloading it, the app is still in iTunes. Which sorta sucks.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Well for example if I delete apps that I no longer want or hate and never want to try again. If I've synced my phone since downloading it, the app is still in iTunes. Which sorta sucks.

This is true. At that point, you must go into iTunes and remove the app.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
When I sync my iPhone the apps that I've deleted on the phone still stay in iTunes. Is there a way to automatically delete them when it syncs?

No.

well then all you need to do is delete them from iTunes rather then your phone. It's not really a big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.