Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
OK this was REALLY stupid of me. I read some blog on migrating from a "gmail online presence" so to speak, to iCloud. So to keep my stuff in one place I was going to transfer me mail over to iCloud. I didn't think and didn't realize that all my email on my gmail account is over 5GB. So I started it and went to bed. It didn't finish and now my iCloud account is locked (not locked out but won't take any more data including emails). The problem is, I can't DELETE the emails. I log into iCloud.com and select all messages and delete them and it errors out. I try to empty my trash and nothing happens.

Now what?

Farthen

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2009
Germany
OK this was REALLY stupid of me. I read some blog on migrating from a "gmail online presence" so to speak, to iCloud. So to keep my stuff in one place I was going to transfer me mail over to iCloud. I didn't think and didn't realize that all my email on my gmail account is over 5GB. So I started it and went to bed. It didn't finish and now my iCloud account is locked (not locked out but won't take any more data including emails). The problem is, I can't DELETE the emails. I log into iCloud.com and select all messages and delete them and it errors out. I try to empty my trash and nothing happens.

Now what?

Buy additionally storage? Contact Apple Support?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.