Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I send out mass messages alot for work. However in ios 5 the new group messaging sends the contacts of everyone I message to everyone with ios 5. So I've been sending individual messages so people don't get my contacts with my messages. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is it as easy as just turning off group messaging?

ajanowitz

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2011
That is correct if you turn off group messaging then each person would get a separate message

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
One of those things that would be really nice to be able to choose on a per-message basis. Select more than one recipient and a popup says "Group Message or Mass Message?"

vettori

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Italy, near Venice
I send out mass messages alot for work. However in ios 5 the new group messaging sends the contacts of everyone I message to everyone with ios 5. So I've been sending individual messages so people don't get my contacts with my messages. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Is it as easy as just turning off group messaging?

iOS5.0 contains a bug you have to turn off MMS too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.