Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chandraguti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
I have an iPod Touch 4gen. I downloaded the Talkatone app and have been using it as a caller/texter. I am able to send and receive calls as if the iTouch were a real phone. As long as the app is running in the background (and I'm connected to WiFi or 3G), incoming calls display on the screen even when the device is locked. Likewise, I can make phone calls.

On the texting side, I am able to send text messages. I am also able to receive them. However, I have to refresh the list in order to retrieve any texts that may have come through. It does not alert me real-time. I have to remember every now and then to go to the Recents page and pull to refresh. Does anybody know how I can configure it to alert me automatically? Thanks in advance. :p:apple:

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I have an iPod Touch 4gen. I downloaded the Talkatone app and have been using it as a caller/texter. I am able to send and receive calls as if the iTouch were a real phone. As long as the app is running in the background (and I'm connected to WiFi or 3G), incoming calls display on the screen even when the device is locked. Likewise, I can make phone calls.

On the texting side, I am able to send text messages. I am also able to receive them. However, I have to refresh the list in order to retrieve any texts that may have come through. It does not alert me real-time. I have to remember every now and then to go to the Recents page and pull to refresh. Does anybody know how I can configure it to alert me automatically? Thanks in advance. :p:apple:

I never had that app but I have to say textfree with voice is pretty good and i use it. Also line 2 looks good if you want to spend some money.

Sorry if I didn't help, you can try to contact the developer about that.

MacBill

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2010
Western Montana
In the app itself, go to settings > Notifications and Sounds > incoming sounds > Make sure you have a message Tone Set for Text and Ringtones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.