specs -

1.25GHz PowerPC G4
256MB DDR333 SDRAM
ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB DDR video memory
40GB Ultra ATA hard drive
Combo drive
DVI or VGA video output
AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth ready

also included is a mint condition 17" apple LCD studio display, with the highly sought after ADC to DVI connector (a three week wait from apple.com and it isnt carried in apple stores) and an apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

so heres the math
mini - $499.99
17" studio display - $689.99
ADC to DVI connector - $99.99 (plus three week wait)
wireless keyboard - $59.99
wireless mouse - $59.99
TOTAL
$1409.95
+tax - $121.61 (which even when apple.com ships they charge new york state tax)
GRAND TOTAL - $1531.55
YOU SAVE - $556.55

i'll even throw in copies of OSX 10.4 Tiger, iLife 05, and iWork 05
i also have tons of pro applications such as adobe CS, macromedia studio MX, pretty much anything you can think of i have here.

this is a one stop chance to get a great set up that has everything you will need to go home, plug in, and look like a pro.

-------------------------------------------

Seems like a good deal to me but when I looked up prices on ebay it added up to about the same. Is this a good deal? Would I be lowballing is I asked to buy for $800. The seller is asking for $1,000

Let me know what you think. Want to move on this deal fast

NYguy
May 17, 2005, 02:05 PM
looked on apple site and Studio display's dont even exist. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Blue Velvet
May 17, 2005, 02:07 PM
looked on apple site and Studio display's dont even exist. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Studio displays are the old models. The ones before Cinema displays...

buryyourbrideau
May 17, 2005, 02:08 PM

studio displays were the ones that apple released before the current ones.

i really would not want all that illegal software being given to you.

but hey its not my machine so if the math adds up right then do whatever you want.

p.s. the studio displays are nothing impressive :(

NYguy
May 17, 2005, 02:10 PM
studio displays were the ones that apple released before the current ones.

i really would not want all that illegal software being given to you.

but hey its not my machine so if the math adds up right then do whatever you want.

p.s. the studio displays are nothing impressive :(

Well from what you say I will stay away from it. Thanks

cr2sh
May 17, 2005, 02:40 PM
Well from what you say I will stay away from it. Thanks

No warm and fuzzies here, at all.

I get the feeling this guy wants to do it rushed... hurried... get it quick before I disappear, even.

Avoid it like the plague.

jeremy.king
May 17, 2005, 02:46 PM
You're on your own for validating the sellers authenticity...Be wary of scammers, ask questions, offer escrow, etc etc etc...

I would say that your offer of $800 is pretty close to fair. I wouldn't pay more than $850 shipped myself, since you could piece together purchases and end up with the same result for about that much. Heck if you can wait for a display (or get one elsewhere) go see http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=126957

Not a bad price for something that would cost more than $600 new and saves you the time and effort of upgrading the memory.

nrd
May 17, 2005, 02:58 PM
17" studio display - $689.99

Everymac.com has the original price at $499 for this: http://everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_studio_display_17_2.html

For $699 you can get a new 20" LCD with a student discount. (You do know someone in college or high school, right?)