Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warrior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
How many people are having this issue? A friend of mine has rev. c and his is totally fine, is it only affecting the new PBs?
The problem seems to be with 10.3.9, does that make it a software issue? Theoretically if i would install 10.4 that should fix the problem.
Those who sent there PBs to apple, what exactly did they do to fix it?
Heres my biggest question, if you only had RAM in the lower slot, does the computer think that theres no ram? so is the only issue in those computers with RAM in both slots?

robshakir

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2005
Erm, what problem? Can you link me to anything about it?

I had a 512MB module in there from factory, and added another Kingston 512MB module above it, working fine, had no worries at all.

Rob

shambolic

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
Staten Island, NY
warrior said:
How many people are having this issue? A friend of mine has rev. c and his is totally fine, is it only affecting the new PBs?
The problem seems to be with 10.3.9, does that make it a software issue? Theoretically if i would install 10.4 that should fix the problem.
Those who sent there PBs to apple, what exactly did they do to fix it?
Heres my biggest question, if you only had RAM in the lower slot, does the computer think that theres no ram? so is the only issue in those computers with RAM in both slots?

The definitive thread for this issue on Apple's discussion forums is this one:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?230@73.fWz6amyhVur.3@.68ab7b77

Close to 100 responses so far. A mixture of those who upgraded to 10.3.9, those who didn't, and a few on Tiger who are still having the issue.

My own Powerbook's lower RAM slot failed about a week after upgrading to 10.3.9. I'm now running 10.4.1 but haven't tried putting the 512MB Apple-supplied DIMM back into the empty slot to see what would happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.