Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undone11091

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Looking for the best bumper available. As far as I know these two are the best. Need help picking...

HKUSP.40

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
SGP Neo hands down. I've been looking at them both for several days now and have been reading multiple reviews. It seems to offer the best lay on the table protection while being super slim. It also comes with front and rear screen protectors.

Mr. G

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2011
I'm leaning towards the Apple bumper if i got an expensive one. The SGP Neo gets a lot of talk on this site because of it's style, but the 2-piece design just doesn't look sturdy to me and if you search around you'll find more unhappy customers than happy customers ONLY because of durability issues.

I know the Apple bumper doesn't over hot colors, but I have a knockoff one-piece black rubber bumper that works very well. $6 on Amazon. Neo's don't seem worth it...

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
The Neo Hybrid EX 2 fits all iphones (the silent switch doesnt sit centered though for the verizon 4 and 4S) and is built stronger than the regular EX. A lot of people complained that the small thing pieces around the charger broke easily. They thickened it a bit more and its pretty strong. I have two EX 2 bumper cases and switch between the two every once in a while. So far so good with no signs of cracks or anything really. I prefer SGP over Apple with the bumpers because I've heard the Apple ones actually scratch up the antenna band on the phone. The silicon wrap that goes around the phone with the SGP case hasn't made a mark on mine yet. If you hold out a bit longer though, SGP is making a EX 2 case made for the 4S. I hear it's supposed to come out on the 17th of this month.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
I have some headphones that have a larger plug and so I need to easily remove the bumper to use it and the Apple bumper seems easier to remove. But if you don't have a need like that, then I would suggest the SGP since the colors are more vibrant. In the end the bumper does protect much, so it's all about the looks.

Degree

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
I just received my Satin Silver SGP Neo A today!
It's amazing!

Really thin and lightweight.

And offers table protection (case lifts screen off table)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.