PDA

View Full Version : G-Tech's G-Connect

Dornblaser
Nov 9, 2011, 11:54 AM
I happened to be on G-Technology's site and saw their upcoming G-Connect. Very cool, watch the video. G-Connect (http://www.g-technology.com/products/g-connect.cfm)

kalex
Nov 9, 2011, 04:15 PM
another overpriced accessory to fill the void of missing usb port or microsd slot

Dornblaser
Nov 9, 2011, 04:19 PM
No, it's not, G-Connect is a totally different product aimed a totally different audience.

kalex
Nov 9, 2011, 04:32 PM
it is? what makes it different from any other overpriced external HDDs with wifi connection from seagate and other companies?

nuckinfutz
Nov 9, 2011, 05:03 PM
No, it's not, G-Connect is a totally different product aimed a totally different audience.

Dornblaser. Why did respond to him? He doesn't care what you think he's just crapping your thread.

The G-Connect and GoFlex Satellite are indeed cool. But the Apple haters that troll these boards will go into insta troll mode whenever they perceive a chance to make it seem like an Apple product is missing something.

As handy as a USB or MicroSD slot would be it doesn't easily allow you to share content, even if that content is different, to 5 different people like the G-connect or GFS does.

Dornblaser
Nov 9, 2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks. They are cool products that really complement Apple products well.

Best,
David

Weaselboy
Nov 10, 2011, 11:04 AM
I happened to be on G-Technology's site and saw their upcoming G-Connect. Very cool, watch the video. G-Connect (http://www.g-technology.com/products/g-connect.cfm)

That is a nice setup. Would be a nice way to stream without having to keep a Mac/iTunes running all the time.

kalex
Nov 10, 2011, 11:50 AM
Dornblaser. Why did respond to him? He doesn't care what you think he's just crapping your thread.

The G-Connect and GoFlex Satellite are indeed cool. But the Apple haters that troll these boards will go into insta troll mode whenever they perceive a chance to make it seem like an Apple product is missing something.

As handy as a USB or MicroSD slot would be it doesn't easily allow you to share content, even if that content is different, to 5 different people like the G-connect or GFS does.

ar ar ar. Am I not allowed to post my opinion? So let me get this straight. I'm being labelled Apple hater, troll with insta troll mode simply because i disagree with u? Wow really? I'm sorry I must agree with everything you are saying and bow my head to u simply because this is an awesome magical device.

now that I defended myself. This thing is $200 for 500gb of storage that requires its own battery that needs to be charged, has its own wifi access point that you have to setup, secure and connect and you have to use your ipad's wifi connection which drains battery needlessly. Where you can just go and buy a nice small portable usb 500gb drive that doesn't need to be charged, doesn't drain as much battery as wifi does and costs 1/3 of this price. Oh but ye its not as pretty and damn it doesn't allow you to share content. Ye I must be an apple hater

I actually have an ipad 2 and use it and it does have its idiotic limitations compared to other devices.

Dornblaser
Nov 10, 2011, 12:28 PM
Kalex, but the iPad does not have an USB port. So, we can either whine about it or share product information that will work with iPad as Apple made it.

kalex
Nov 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
Sadly this is true and that is why there is a market for these devices

Dornblaser
Nov 12, 2011, 08:28 AM
Apple does make an USB adapter/connector for the iPad. Camera Connection Kit (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE) It comes in the Camera Connection Kit along with a SD card reader. I use the SD card reader frequently but forgot about the USB connector until I saw it in my desk drawer this morning.