PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 = 2 x Mac = Twice the power?

Messy
Nov 9, 2011, 12:36 PM
Hi guys,

My friend told me I should have two graphics cards to play Battlefield 3 so I bought two 15" Macbook Pro's, they have the 6750M in them.

My first question is how do I connect these guys together?

I tried all the network stuff but can't get the graphics cards to connect, can't seem to figure out how to link the graphics cards.

Could both Macbooks be faulty? Should i return them?

Im kinda new to gaming so please help! :)

simsaladimbamba
Nov 9, 2011, 12:39 PM
You CANNOT connect two MBPs via any means to share the GPUs like you want, even the fast Thunderbolt connection is too slow to even be usable for the purpose you want.

You are better off getting a good gaming PC with a good gaming CPU, which would be cheaper than two, or even one, or even half a 15" MBP.

Did you really buy two MBPs before finding out, if this is even possible?

Ah, now I remember this gem: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1123944&highlight=

I guess you are ****ing with us.

benthewraith
Nov 9, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi guys,

My friend told me I should have two graphics cards to play Battlefield 3 so I bought two 15" Macbook Pro's, they have the 6750M in them.

I tried all the network stuff but can't get the graphics cards to connect, can't seem to figure out how to link the graphics cards.

LOL.

http://i.imgur.com/R2w1d.jpg

Messy
Nov 9, 2011, 12:42 PM
Ahh damnit.

Should have known this wouldn't last long :D

ctbear
Nov 9, 2011, 02:06 PM
Ahh damnit.

Should have known this wouldn't last long :D

It was all over reddit :)

MasterTick
Nov 9, 2011, 02:07 PM
Dammit someone else beat me to it!

dont4get2flush
Nov 9, 2011, 02:46 PM
I've got two Macbook Pros hooked up together running BF3, yeah.

Killery96
Nov 9, 2011, 06:12 PM
Hi guys,

I guess I'm making fun here, but who buys TWO MACBOOK PROS to... ...vidz0rz? LOL

Hastings101
Nov 9, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hi guys,

I think they're both faulty, you should return them and get two more.