Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gidpor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Hi,

When syncing calendars from my desktop to the ipad2 (and the iphone) I get the events doubling up, some show on the wrong date and some extend themselves over to being exhibited over a couple days. Obviously I must have something set incorrectly, but I cannot figure what.
I have replaced the contents of the iPad with those of the computer - no luck.
I have tried with both time support on & off, no luck either. have tried the 12/24hrs , still no luck. Anyone have this happen ?

sophiak

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
Multiple calendars selected?

We had the same thing and are actually trying to sort it out. Firstly check your time zones with each device. Secondly are you working from PC or when you say desktop, iMac? Check how many calendars you are syncing with. If it's an iMac go to iCal and make sure on far left under "On My Mac" that you haven't too many. Did you have a mobile me account and now have signed up with iCloud and maybe also have another mail you've linked to devices?

gidpor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
syncing issues

Mac, Mac - no PC. Never had one.
Actually I have checked . All devices share the same time zone. I then removed all info from devices and tried to sync from desktop - same problems. All calendars do show On My MAC. How many is too many ? I have 10 categories or calendars. No mobile me, and no cloud yet .thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Please, please, please stop syncing calendars (and contacts) that way and get going with Google, iCloud or some other "over the air" method. Your life will be better...

Sorry that I didn't really answer your question.

gidpor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
iCloud ...

So I took the plunge and went iCloud with mixed results. Mail and contacts work fine, calendar does not !! Actually it seems to sync just fine to my iPhone - but not to the iPad2 where it still exhibits some events in the wrong dates, and some duplicating themselves. Any way around that ? I had turned iCloud off on the iPad - was asked if I wanted to keep or delete the calendar info on the iPad- had the info removed , and when I started with iCloud again - same issues.

sophiak

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
Really wish I could help - Have asked at work at no one can give me an answer. Have you had any new results?

jamjets

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2011
My solution was...

Previously, I used the iphone calendar exclusively. My schedule is very item rich, lots of teleconferences. The native calendar worked OK for me. I use Outlook for mail, but not calendaring. Just got an ipad and a iphone 4 is coming, and I had to make a decision about what to do. I did >not< want to go icloud. I did want to be able to print paper or PDF backups occasionally or have paper in my hands for complex planning.

As a poster above noted, in my case using google calendars was the way to go. I put everything in there, and bought and tried the CalenGoo app. Just getting to know it (very feature rich, see the app opinions), but it is great. Syncs ipad and iphone without any effort, and the google web calendar is always there (but I rarely actually make entries there). If you research google calendars you will see you can make multiple calendars, and sync as desired (or not). You can decide which calendars to publish/permission to others. My team at work has started using a google calendar for work scheduling (nobody can see it without permissions). My family calendar is there. Lots of layers possible and it's easy to use. Sync all or part from calengoo.

Works for me. No Outlook or icloud calendar sync (stink!) for me. Long ago I learned that lesson the hard way (several times) by accidentally wiping my data even though I was very careful. iCloud may be fine for content, but not for >my< calendar or contacts. BTW, my contacts and email are similarly handled through google: I use the native ipad/iphone apps, sync real-time via the Exchange option. Everything is on all devices, and it is all effectively stored and backed up in the google cloud. Print to PDF from google to the laptop as often as you want to backup the cloud data....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.