PDA

View Full Version : iMac slot load

andybunts
May 17, 2005, 05:57 PM
For the past day I've been trying to disassemble my iMac. I'm able to remove the entire underside, but the top seems to have some screws that I cannot reach. The reason I'm doing this is to connect my external monitor to it. My question is, is it even possible to connect an external monitor to my slot loading iMac (I know it is with the older ones), and how do I finish taking it apart?

skubish
May 17, 2005, 06:44 PM
I don't understand your question. Are you talking about an iMac G5? I thought it has a VGA output on the back for an external monitor. You have to buy an adapter though.

topgunn
May 17, 2005, 07:13 PM
I don't understand your question. Are you talking about an iMac G5? I thought it has a VGA output on the back for an external monitor. You have to buy an adapter though.
I believe he is refering to the G3 slot-loading iMac. As far as connecting it to an external display, I don't know.

Josh396
May 17, 2005, 07:44 PM
I believe he is refering to the G3 slot-loading iMac. As far as connecting it to an external display, I don't know.
I would think he's referring to a G5 iMac because he said that he is aware that older versions were able to and a the G4 iMac was never slot loading.

As for an answer, I have no idea. My guess would yes but it may not be worth the difficulty involved.

Leareth
May 17, 2005, 08:24 PM
If you are talking about the G3 slot loading imacs
there is a panel in the back you take off underneath is the external monitor port. the imac g3's came with two panels , you are supposed to snap on the open one if you are going to use the VGA port.