PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for Apple to offer a 17" CRT, Keyboard, Mouse combo for $100?

johnbro23
May 17, 2005, 07:11 PM
I think this would be an easy thing for Apple to do (maybe not get it to be only $100) for those people that either don't have a computer already or just want a second computer.

I know there's speculation about a new 17" LCD, I think that would be awesome, but it still doesn't fit in with the Mac Mini, which is supposed to be a bargain. I'm just wondering what you all think.

mkrishnan
May 17, 2005, 07:13 PM
Don't hold your breath. Well, unless you're practicing swimming. But as far as a new CRT from Apple, don't hold your breath.

johnbro23
May 17, 2005, 07:16 PM
Don't hold your breath. Well, unless you're practicing swimming. But as far as a new CRT from Apple, don't hold your breath.
Well, I'm not in the market for one, I just thought it would be a logical step for Apple. I know there are cons to it. For one thing, they wouldn't sell a whole lot of them because the target audience for the mini is people who already own PC's. But I think there are a good deal of people that want that extra screen/keyboard/mouse.

TheMasin9
May 17, 2005, 07:38 PM
I think this would be an easy thing for Apple to do (maybe not get it to be only $100) for those people that either don't have a computer already or just want a second computer.

I know there's speculation about a new 17" LCD, I think that would be awesome, but it still doesn't fit in with the Mac Mini, which is supposed to be a bargain. I'm just wondering what you all think.

not realistically in the realm of possiblility price wise unless apple wants to take a big price hit, 100 bux for a 17 incher is way to cheap and apple would lose money bigtime. Maybe in another year, the way lcd prices keep dropping.