Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zl13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Hello,

As the title says, I upgraded and now certain songs aren't playing specifically one album, the artist posted it onto his facebook as a free album, because that is what it originally was released as. It worked fine until I updated to iOS 5. Basically, what happens is: you select a song from the album, then the iPod crashes and brings you to one of three places, the lock screen, the playlist menu/ whatever menu you selected the song from, or your home app screen. Make note that the songs work fine on my computer. I have also restored my iPod to FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS, 3 times, and it still doesn't work. I have posted on Apple's support forums and have gotten nothing for four days. If you need any more details I can provide them. I really need help with this, it's really gonna drive me nuts :confused:

Thanks!
Z

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Hmmm....odd! What artist?

I've gotten a lot of free music that way and it plays fine. My friend Dave from Head Like a Kite often posts his new stuff for free and I have all of it in my phone.

boze1

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
had a similar problem with some of my songs after the upgrade.

I fixed it by unticking "sync music" in itunes, doing a full sync (this will remove all songs from your ipod) and then re-ticking and syncing the songs back on.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
had a similar problem with some of my songs after the upgrade.

I fixed it by unticking "sync music" in itunes, doing a full sync (this will remove all songs from your ipod) and then re-ticking and syncing the songs back on.

+1 I had the same problem and this fixed it. Its a known bug. If that doesn't work restore and resync.

Joe-Diver

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2009
+2...had to uncheck "sync library" or whatever I had to sync all my music, apply it, then check it again, apply it and let it reload my music library. Took a while and it was a PITA but it fixed my issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.