Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kris75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hi
My Powerbook G4 goes to sleep when i press the chassis just above the powerbutton and sometimes when im writing and i hit the letters nearest that area. When it has gone to sleep the first time, then it just goes to sleep every time i wake it up. What could be the problem? Im sure its a hardware problem, but what inside the powerbook in that area of the chassis that could make it go to sleep?

Kris75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
I actually realized that it is sometimes when i run my hands over the chassis?!?

hansolo669

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
you probably have a couple loose cables inside (just a guess) though really its hard to tell with out a full on diagnostic tear down. what model power book is it? titanium? aluminum? if its aluminum what screen size?

Kris75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
you probably have a couple loose cables inside (just a guess) though really its hard to tell with out a full on diagnostic tear down. what model power book is it? titanium? aluminum? if its aluminum what screen size?

Its Aluminium 15", the model is a A1106.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.