PDA

View Full Version : Low-light recognition by iMac G5 - neat :)

SteveC
May 17, 2005, 09:15 PM
This is pretty cool, and I thought I'd share it with everyone. For those of you with the new iMac G5, have you noticed anything about the sleep light when you turn the lights off in your room?

The iMac has a light sensor in it that automatically adjusts the brightness of the sleep light when the brightness of your room changes. The sleep light adjusts to match the light in the room. Very cool. ;)

Sutekidane
May 17, 2005, 09:57 PM
Hey, I thought there were going to release a firmware update, so the older revA imacs could do the same thing...

killuminati
May 17, 2005, 10:11 PM
I would love if the powerbooks could do that. Then I wouldn't have to cover it up at night with a shirt.

jaw04005
May 17, 2005, 10:13 PM
That is pretty awesome. :)

Next, the iMac G5 will automatically adjust its LCD screen to the brightness in room, similar to the Powerbook G4 15" and 17". As the sun goes down, the iMac's screen gets brighter... hurm... :D

Edit: It's my 500th post! Wohoo.

mad jew
May 17, 2005, 10:16 PM
I would love if the powerbooks could do that. Then I wouldn't have to cover it up at night with a shirt.

But they look so cute when they wear your clothes.

As the sun goes down, the iMac's screen gets brighter... hurm...

Wouldn't it be the other way round? I know my dashboard in my car gets brighter when the sun is out to compete with all those nasty natural-light rays and dimmer as it gets darker to be less of an overly-bright distraction.