PDA

View Full Version : #1 iPad2 case

MsBeauty
Nov 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
Anyone can tell me what is the #1 iPad 2 accessory in your mind and why?

MrRon
Nov 10, 2011, 10:42 AM
Smart Cover + ZUM SC ULTIMATE!!

Reason: Slim, perfect front and back protection. I want apple original accessories + the best back protection!!

mtenuta
Nov 10, 2011, 12:41 PM
I have had the Ipad for the last month and been searching for the perfect case too. I used the Ifrogz Summit and found it too heavy and the quality below par. I then went for thinness and bought a Belkin Sheild back and leather smart cover . I loved the look of it but it still seemed to delicate and worried that my Ipad could still easily be damaged.
After reading reviews over and over and analyzing the pros and cons. I order the Switcheasy Canvas.
I am so happy with this case. It has the same form as the Ifrogz but the quality is way better and does feel much lighter. I love this case and glad I took the risk of ordering it .

ninerfan
Nov 10, 2011, 01:21 PM

Reason: Slim, perfect front and back protection. I want apple original accessories + the best back protection!!

This :)

takeshi74
Nov 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
Anyone can tell me what is the #1 iPad 2 accessory in your mind and why?
Accessory or case? Your subject and message don't jive.

brudog68
Nov 10, 2011, 03:35 PM
Switcheasy Canvas

falconeight
Nov 10, 2011, 09:36 PM
STM skinny

LTMK
Nov 15, 2011, 10:32 AM
I have been using my ZUM sc ultimate and smart cover for more than 2 months. I think this is the best combo... :cool: and it also train my 4 year old who to take care of fragile items. Kills 2 birds in one stone...

KidZgOtMac
Nov 15, 2011, 11:00 AM
A coffee mug, since you said accessory.

rasputinj
Nov 16, 2011, 02:10 AM
My vote would be switcheasy, my STM is not holding up well and it looks like Switcheasy will hold up better.

rookiezzz
Nov 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
depends on your taste :D slim? grip? hardcore protection? stylish? unique?

aricher
Nov 16, 2011, 01:02 PM
First case: Smart Cover + ZUM SC ultimate - for everyday use, best, most lightweight original form factor case solution I have found.

Second case: Switcheasy Canvas - I got this case before moving on to the ZUM. Now I use it when I hand the iPad off to my 3 year old, easier for him to prop it up and use it on a table than the smart cover+ZUM.

Third case: Portenzo 23 1/2 (custom order w/black leather) - a touch of class for when I'm in client meetings.

My favorite other accessories:
Stylus: currently using Wacom Bamboo, no complaints
Brush: Nomad Brush
Car mount: CoulView headrest mount for long road trips.

stfwayne
Nov 17, 2011, 02:19 AM
Best iPad gadgets for everyday use:

Wedgepad (cheap and useful)

iProp iPad stand (unbelievable utility, durable, at 100 pretty expensive tho)

Skadoosh (beautiful aluminum stand with various positions, expensive at 80)

FieldFolio (nicest bookstyle case out there, again pretty expensive at 70)

I use the Skadoosh and iProp on a daily basis and put the iPad in the FieldFolio and throw that in my backpack

Synergie
Nov 17, 2011, 06:47 PM
My vote is for the Moshi iGlaze (Pearl White) with the Light Grey Smart Cover!

- Form fitting, lightweight, high quality, the pearl finish looks great!!

WonMan
Nov 17, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hi,
I am looking for the best Folio Cases for the iPad 2. My only criteria are that it has the sleep/wake feature, decent protection, preferably leather, and fairly thin. A bonus would be multiple viewing angles. I would prefer it to have a clean, simple, but stylish look. I would prefer not spending more than $50 but a few dollars more will not be a deal breaker.
Any options would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks In Advance

alanrocks
Nov 24, 2011, 04:00 AM
I have so many favorites

theres just too much choice around

Favorite cover at the moment has to be the wooden smart cover, looks so stylish .

and accesory is definatley the piano apprentice. its quite pricey but a really cool idea , im sure this will all change next week though.

im looking for some sort of stand to put in my car , if any one has any ideas?

lmg74
Dec 26, 2011, 04:13 PM
First case: Smart Cover + ZUM SC ultimate - for everyday use, best, most lightweight original form factor case solution I have found.

Second case: Switcheasy Canvas - I got this case before moving on to the ZUM. Now I use it when I hand the iPad off to my 3 year old, easier for him to prop it up and use it on a table than the smart cover+ZUM.

Third case: Portenzo 23 1/2 (custom order w/black leather) - a touch of class for when I'm in client meetings.

My favorite other accessories:
Stylus: currently using Wacom Bamboo, no complaints
Brush: Nomad Brush
Car mount: CoulView headrest mount for long road trips.

Is the Switcheasy Canvas slimmer than the Portenzo?

glen e
Dec 26, 2011, 04:23 PM
The fieldfolio - mainly because the ipad will fit a year from now when all the other ones are falling out of the frame...

Arnezie
Dec 26, 2011, 05:41 PM
im looking for some sort of stand to put in my car , if any one has any ideas?

These look kinda cool, http://padholdr.com/

Menel
Jan 5, 2012, 02:41 PM
Smart Cover + LEATHERskin.

Can't beat the thinness and the feel.

Blue Lizard
Jan 5, 2012, 02:49 PM
Umm'd and ahh'd over choosing a case for my iPad 2 after Christmas (even more so after trawling through all the 'best case' threads on this board!). I am a strong believer in buying once and buying well, and after all the deliberation, went with the following:

Moshi iVisor matte screen protector (easiest screen protector I've ever fitted!)
Marware Microshell rear case
Apple Smart Cover (poly blue)

And the best bit:
Hazard 4 Launch Pad (I love my tactical MOLLE gear, and this is such a cool iPad sleeve/cover in that vein)

Extremely happy with this setup and would recommend to anyone :)

jjk454ss
Jan 5, 2012, 08:26 PM
Smart Cover + LEATHERskin.

Can't beat the thinness and the feel.

I agree, I have the Smart Cover and a Poly LeatherSkin to match and I love it. I don't normally use a bag, but I have a STM Scout if I want to carry it in a bag. I did just order a TimBuk2 Catapult Sling bag to try out instead of the STM Scout, but it will have to e really nice to replace the Scout.

Menel
Jan 6, 2012, 07:09 AM
I agree, I have the Smart Cover and a Poly LeatherSkin to match and I love it. I don't normally use a bag, but I have a STM Scout if I want to carry it in a bag. I did just order a TimBuk2 Catapult Sling bag to try out instead of the STM Scout, but it will have to e really nice to replace the Scout.That's nice, I like that. I use the Built neoprene ipad messenger when I take it out of the house.

Oh dang, like some of STM's stuff, wish store had this when I was looking.
http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/ipad-bags/jacket-ipad/

kschles
Jan 6, 2012, 07:24 AM
The fieldfolio - mainly because the ipad will fit a year from now when all the other ones are falling out of the frame...

Glen:

Thanks for the information. I had to send a Treegloo case back, because the wood frame arrived warped (Treegloo could never seem to get their act together to get me a replacement). I also got a Portenzo; but, predictably, the rubber grips started failing after awhile. The Fieldfolio looks like it's addressed these issues.

LeeM
Jan 6, 2012, 07:40 AM
Gonna have to get me one of those zum sc ultimates. Looks like a great it of kit to compliment the smart cover.mive got a blue cover and white iPad, need to decide on blue or white for the zum

LeeM
Jan 6, 2012, 02:35 PM
just ordered one. ive had a couple of beers and had a few items saved in my shoppingcart on amazon. very nearly place a 500 order, i was literally one click away lol

aricher
Jan 6, 2012, 03:18 PM
Is the Switcheasy Canvas slimmer than the Portenzo?

Yes but not by much, I have been using the smartcover+ ZUM exclusively for a long time now, absolutely love the slimness of it and how much lighter the setup is than the SwitchEasy or Portenzo.

nezff
Jan 6, 2012, 08:59 PM
I have a extra switcheasy canvas(grey/tan) if anyone is interested.
email me (nezff@hotmail.com)

mrgossett
Jan 7, 2012, 10:06 AM
Switcheasy Cara- Red/White - It's only a folio case with no typing or viewing positions, but I love it. It's super slim with great grip when carrying, looks great with my white iPad, cover folds flat underneath, great for holding and reading books (which I do a lot), and gets LOTS of comments ("Where did you get that case?")

louisCude
Jan 24, 2012, 06:27 PM

WInner =]

kajitox
Jan 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
I also use the Belkin SnapShield with a Smart Cover, but after a while of using the Smart Cover, dirt/dust/grit got embedded in the cover and scratched the screen. For my next iPad, I'll use those two plus an iVisor.

mertyz
Jan 24, 2012, 08:32 PM
I have a Speck CandyShell Wrap for iPad 2 (https://www.speckproducts.com/candyshell-wrap-ipad-2-case-black.html) and love it!

mattwinslow
Jan 24, 2012, 11:22 PM
If you're concerned about longevity - the FieldFolio definitely looks like a great choice. The cloth cover will hold up to wear and tear very well. The cradle is another huge plus...you won't need to worry about bumpers wearing out. It also looks like their ship times are reasonable, about 3 days regardless of cover color.

@WonMan, if you can stretch your budget $10 beyond $50, take a look at the Pad & Quill Octavo (http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-ipad-ipad2/ipad2-case-the-octavo.html). If you can live without the magnetic sleep/wake feature, their College Edition (http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-ipad-ipad2/ipad2-case-the-college-edition.html) is another great choice. Pad & Quill has solid build quality and their Baltic birch frames are sturdy.