Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueprint1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Missouri
I'm doing a clean install with Lion but am thinking I should avoid migration assistant due to it possibly carrying over problems.

Should I avoid migration assistant and just manually drag over music, docs, and just redownload all apps manually?

blueprint1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Missouri
I just did a clean install and am currently just dragging music, docs, and re-downloading all my Lion-friendly apps manually.

I know it's still early and the computer is still indexing and it also doesn't have all my apps and files yet, but...

everything is faster and more efficient.

blueprint1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Missouri
Just wanted to say one last thing, I think that a clean install is necessary if you upgraded from the Mac Store. My Sister is also experiencing the same problem on her laptop from the same installation and I'm going to clean install her Macbook Pro tomorrow after seeing the difference now.

I'm actually impressed with OSX Lion now. I also think that my computer had a lot of old apps and files that caused *some* of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.