PDA

View Full Version : MacBoot 1.0


King Cobra
Oct 11, 2002, 05:09 PM
Replace the gray Apple logo with something else of your choice. You can even make an imitation of the Happy Mac icon in place of the Apple Logo!

Requires Mac OS X 10.2

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/16359

Product Description:
In Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, the familiar happy mac image was replaced with a grey apple on a grey background. This program allows you to replace the boot image with an icon or image of your choice. You can also modify the background of the boot image.

GeeYouEye
Oct 11, 2002, 08:05 PM
Nice. Anyone got a happy Mac pic around?

Hemingray
Oct 12, 2002, 02:13 AM
Nice. I think I may change mine to a Sad Mac. :D

Too bad we can't change the startup sound too, I miss the Hawaiian Death Chimes. :p

ryme4reson
Oct 12, 2002, 05:53 PM
I want to know how to replace my menu apple with the old skool muti-colored Apple logo.

idkew
Oct 13, 2002, 01:37 PM
here's mine. simple and classy, my initials.

except i did it the hard way, by manually editing my bootx file in hex.

edesignuk
Oct 13, 2002, 02:47 PM
It's kool, I like it, yet more personalization you can do to your Mac :D here's mine...

idkew
Oct 23, 2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by edesignuk
It's kool, I like it, yet more personalization you can do to your Mac :D here's mine...

so is your entire background black? like a dos startup?

Jimong5
Oct 23, 2002, 09:59 PM
this is mine

Jimong5
Oct 23, 2002, 10:00 PM
here:

scem0
Nov 3, 2002, 01:46 PM
Mine is a little picture of myself (not the one in my avatar, but it is kinda like it :D) and my mom always comments on how it looks like I have been 'sucked into the computer' whenever she turns it on. :D

edesignuk
Nov 3, 2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by idkew


so is your entire background black? like a dos startup?
Yup, all black. And now I've changed it to this:

cb911
Nov 5, 2002, 03:03 AM
i've got Start-up Syringe, which does the same thing, but i'll have a look at this, might be easier.

just another thing i was wondering, is there a max amount of colours you can use with MacBoot? anyone know?

ahunter3
Oct 15, 2003, 11:41 AM
Hello! Newbie to this forum, first post.

I'm on a WallStreet with 10.2.8 and have not had any luck with this hack. (same tweak worked fine on a G4 tower when I did it 6 months ago. That was under 10.2.6 or earlier of course) Tried MacBoot, the Syringe AppleScript, and the original Ryan Schmidt instructions with HexEdit to no avail. I still get the plain ugly grey Apple silhouette.

Anyone been through this and found a work-around?

idkew
Oct 16, 2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ahunter3
Hello! Newbie to this forum, first post.

I'm on a WallStreet with 10.2.8 and have not had any luck with this hack. (same tweak worked fine on a G4 tower when I did it 6 months ago. That was under 10.2.6 or earlier of course) Tried MacBoot, the Syringe AppleScript, and the original Ryan Schmidt instructions with HexEdit to no avail. I still get the plain ugly grey Apple silhouette.

Anyone been through this and found a work-around?

dude, this is a year old thread. nice job diggin it out of the closet.

ahunter3
Oct 17, 2003, 12:35 PM
Is it bad form to resurrect old threads? Should I have started a new one with a link to the old instead?