Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andymac2210

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Under 5.0.1 I can't send picture messages from my camera roll at all, tried restarting the phone, doesnt help.

The message app just quits when I hit send, never works.

anyone else had this problem?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Under 5.0.1 I can't send picture messages from my camera roll at all, tried restarting the phone, doesnt help.

The message app just quits when I hit send, never works.

anyone else had this problem?

Not here. I updated to iOS 5.0.1 yesterday and just now sent a photo via iMessage. I'll try via Text Message next to see if that makes a difference.

----------

Just sent a photo via Text Message (turned iMessage off) and that went through fine.

You stated you tried restarting the phone and that didn't help. Have you tried resetting the phone (holding down the home and sleep buttons simultaneously)? I recommend trying that next. If that doesn't work, I would personally restore the phone and set it up as new to see if you still have the problem.

krb981

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
MMS failure

I also noticed this problem yesterday. Spoke with O2 in the UK and after wasting 1/2 an hour re-setting just about everything, re-entering settings manually and much else, they said that there was a bug with iOS 5.0.1 that prevented MMS messages being sent and that a fix was underway, though no timescale was offered.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.