Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanstewart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Heyo,

I updated to 5.0.1 today, and while I haven't noticed much of a change in battery life (though I'm still able to get through a day, which is all that matters for me), I have noticed that the "usage" status in the settings is really skewed. It shows that I have 10 hours standby on my phone, and almost 6 hours usage - which is definitely not accurate. I'm gonna guess I've actually used my phone for maybe 2.5 hours, and I haven't streamed any music/video/anything that would be using the phone while the screen is off. This wasn't this way before I updated the software.

Is this happening for anyone else? Not really a problem, just thought I'd bring up.

Thanks!
- Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_0056.PNG
    IMG_0056.PNG
    108.1 KB · Views: 166

peto01

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2009
Slovakia
you are lucky to have those statistics. :) My statistics just disappeared after rebooting and since then there is just a "-" :)

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
you are lucky to have those statistics. :) My statistics just disappeared after rebooting and since then there is just a "-" :)

They always do that after a reboot. Charge to 100% and they'll show back up, when you're off the charger.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
I felt that battery status indicator moves very slowly when in 90's and starts moving rapidly as it nears 0. So at first I thought that the standby had increased as the phone just lost 1-2% over night from 100%. But the total standby time at the end was just the same as before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.