PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone claimed AMEX Protection Plan on their liquid damaged Macbook before?

daonesteven
Nov 12, 2011, 11:18 AM
Any have any experience on this? The repair estimate is the standard $755+tax for the entire logic board and I'm trying to see if this is something that AMEX would reimburse for a Macbook air that I spent $1140 to purchase new. I was told by AMEX that if the repair cost is just too much in comparison to the total purchase price then they might do some other procedure where they point me to a place where I can buy it from or something? (I wasn't too clear on this part). I could wait and hear from them but I'm in a tight spot where I have law school finals in a few weeks and I would like to know my best course of action at this point...

Any helpful advice or input would be much appreciate, esp those with experiencing with claiming the AMEX 90 day protection plan insurance thing. Thanks.

jenzjen
Nov 12, 2011, 09:00 PM
When I did it, I had to wait until AMEX sent me a letter/auth to go ahead with the repair. I would wait until they give you auth, if not, you're taking on all the risk.

daonesteven
Nov 13, 2011, 10:30 AM
When I did it, I had to wait until AMEX sent me a letter/auth to go ahead with the repair. I would wait until they give you auth, if not, you're taking on all the risk.

how much did AMEX reimburse for your repair and how much was your computer? thanks.