PDA

View Full Version : Air and Pro

Appler8
Nov 12, 2011, 10:50 PM
Also posted this in the MBP section, but I was wondering how many of you own a Pro and an Air? You know, one for great power and the other for portability. If so, can u share your thoughts on owning a Pro and an Air. Thanks.

SDColorado
Nov 12, 2011, 11:15 PM
Also posted this in the MBP section, but I was wondering how many of you own a Pro and an Air? You know, one for great power and the other for portability. If so, can u share your thoughts on owning a Pro and an Air. Thanks.

I posted in the MBP section as well. But I do have both. They are different products, different tools for different jobs. I love the MBA for it's portability, thin profile, light weight and SSD. It is a great laptop for meeting a lot of my needs, easy to throw into the pannier of my motorcycle where it won't take up a lot of room and I don't have to worry about the durability of the SSD. The MBP I use for photo editing and have a large library stored on it's much larger hard drive. I just don't feel one can completely replace the other. It is kind of like having a car and a truck or a car and a motorcycle. They serve a different enough role, where having both overlaps somewhat, but they still serve purposes.

AlvinNguyen
Nov 13, 2011, 12:12 AM
I do but I'm sort of a different situation. I need a laptop on set/location (fashion photographer) that I preview images do light editing and transfer files to an HD. The Macbook Pro sits at home as well as travel with me but will stay in the hotels so I can edit on it when I'm ready. Anyways, it's a weird situation but I normally use an iPad + MBP and since I sold my iPad 2 for $450 and picked up a base 1.4ghz late 2010 MBA for $600 it's a no brainer :)

ThomasBoss
Nov 13, 2011, 02:10 AM
I wouldn't get a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air. If you need power and portability, then an iMac + MBA would be perfect, or just a single high end MBP.

rasputinj
Nov 13, 2011, 02:32 AM
I own both, 80% of the time I only use the Air, the MBP comes in handy because the HD is much larger then my Air. But I also have an external drive connected to my airport now and I use it to hold stuff I do not need much. The Air is great to use and makes me hate going back to any other laptop. It is so light, easy to travel with. But I must admit, I do not use laptops as much as I used to with the iPad 2.