Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
UK
I sometimes use a projector and PowerPoint for presentations, but find it inconvenient to sit in a corner next to my iBook just to click for each slide. Is it useful to have a bluetooth mouse for this? What sort of range is possible? Is it 'line of sight' like infra-red or will the BT signal travel through obstructions (like dozing students slumped in chairs...)
Any advice welcome.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
with my apple bt

i can go three rooms away and still have a connection and im pretty sure the students or people in the way wont affect it

as long as you dont go farther than 30 or 40 ft i would say you should be ok

:)

Brigrat

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2004
I gave 4 powerpoint presentations last week with my PB. The BT mouse is a total asset for this type of work. I can go all the way to the back of the conference room, and click on a slide, to move on to the next. I have tried special remotes, and the like, however; the BT Mouse is by far the best. You won't be disapointed!

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
UK
Thanks guys - really helpful. And I won't ask which BT mouse to go for - I've just done a search and, as expected, found a million threads to read through!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.