Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richie c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
When I press z, az appears, when I press a, az appears. That happens for all the keys on the home row and the row below.

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Have you spilled any liquids onto the keyboard or any of the like? Because it sounds like some accident has happened.

Tell us more, how did it happen?

Richie c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
Have you spilled any liquids onto the keyboard or any of the like? Because it sounds like some accident has happened.

No, didnt spill anything. Don't know how it happened. Just started doing it this morning.
I'm typing this from my iPad.
I can type something from computer so you can see what is going on

Richie c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011

does it have warranty? Likely something is broken .(I am not saying you broke it)

Warranty is up

----------

does it have warranty? Likely something is broken .(I am not saying you broke it)

thnisx isx fvrojm cdojmputerl.

this is from computer.

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
I would, if i where you, disassemble the macbook until i could disconnect the ribbon from the keyboard to the logic board and inspect it for corrosion or any damage, if you can't find any damage or anything obvious, just reseat it and hope for the best that it works!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.