Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killery96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Hi,
I am on a Macbook Pro from early 2011 (15" if it matters), and I have W7 HP installed on a partition that's been used for gaming away from the OSX side. Recently, (earlier today), I tried to boot into windows. I restarted from OSX, held down the option key, and selected my windows partition. I got the starting windows animation, then about 2 seconds of a blinking cursor with the windows loading circle, then blackness and some fans and HDD noise. Hard restarts just say that windows did not shut down properly and it gives me the three safe mode options and a 'start normally' option. Does anyone have a fix?

thanks,
E.

Killery96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Alright, apparently it was just a problem with the brightness settings. I got the black screen, but heard the windows start up noise. Then I just typed in my password and hit enter, and hoped. Then it worked and it was on minimum brightness after I held down F2 for a few years. Why is it that the special function keys on the mac take so long to respond in windows??? bad keyboard drivers?

E.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.