PDA

View Full Version : Delete data from ipad not from itunes

popilas
Nov 14, 2011, 03:18 AM
Hello to all

I am a new and happy user of an ipad 2. I purchased the 32gb version in order to have a lot of space for my e books and movies. My problem started when I loaded ipad with my 1225 e books. I have never read a single one but now I could sit in my living room and enjoy the fire place with my e books!!! After the 10 first minutes searching my ebooks I realized that I had to erase a lot of them. So I deleted them from my ipad. So far so good. When I got back to my mac and synced my ipad all the ebooks where back in my ipad. Searched a little bit and all the forums say that you have to delete them first from itunes. But this is the case with ipad. You want to leave your mac and work in your living room. Is there a way to delete data from my ipad and sync it with itunes and not the way around?

thanks

xiMatt
Nov 14, 2011, 02:01 PM
If you deleted the ebooks from your iPad, you would have to delete the books from iTunes because it syncs all the existing books in iTunes to the iPad, basically restoring the ebooks back into the iPad.

vance09
Nov 14, 2011, 09:04 PM
i spoke to apple about this as you read a book and delete it ,next time you sync its back on ,its a pain

popilas
Nov 16, 2011, 05:10 AM
i spoke to apple about this as you read a book and delete it ,next time you sync its back on ,its a pain

Well they have to find a work around. This is ipad. You don't need a PC. Hope in the next version of itunes to have an option about his

charlituna
Jan 31, 2014, 12:58 PM
If you deleted the ebooks from your iPad, you would have to delete the books from iTunes because it syncs all the existing books in iTunes to the iPad, basically restoring the ebooks back into the iPad.

That's not true. You don't have to delete them from iTunes. Just remove them from the list of items to sync.

Each category has an All or Selected choice. My guess is that it was set for All. Change it to selected, remove the checks from the ones you don't want and resync. They are gone and won't sync next time