Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hi,

am I the only one who has this issue?

In Navigon, adjusting the volume in settings affects the global volume of the iphone, nut just the navigon voice volume. This started happening on iOS5.

Anyone else?

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
No, previously the in-app volume slider (found in Settings) only controlled the navigon voice.

countrydweller

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
Navigon update to 2.0. Now all the data maps/traffic and such is stored on the iPhone. It doesn't sync the data with itunes. Is there a way to get the data on your computer?

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Navigon update to 2.0. Now all the data maps/traffic and such is stored on the iPhone. It doesn't sync the data with itunes. Is there a way to get the data on your computer?

On 2.0 no data is stored on the device unless you specify which region/country you want to download. Once you download it on the device I believe any iTunes sync will also save the data on your computer. Do you have any reason to believe it doesn't?

countrydweller

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
On 2.0 no data is stored on the device unless you specify which region/country you want to download. Once you download it on the device I believe any iTunes sync will also save the data on your computer. Do you have any reason to believe it doesn't?

Yes, the size on itunes is just 45.3MB, after syncing.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Not sure, but it has US and Canada maps, plus some extras, way bigger than that. How do I find the size on the device?

----------

I found the size on my device, it's 2.4 GB.

You're right. Well it's no big deal if it's the map data is not synced to itunes - you can download it over wifi any time if you happen to restore or lose your device.

Anyways, back to the thread topic, the abovementioned issue seems to be solved with this update. No in-app iPod functionality present but it was unnecessary anyway with the introduction of mutlitasking.

fishepa

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2009
I was just prompted for the 2.0 update and I have the East region. Looks like we're good now.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Navigon update to 2.0. Now all the data maps/traffic and such is stored on the iPhone.
Maps were on the device before 2.0.

There's no way that traffic is stored on the device. The info would be instantly outdated.

Anyways, back to the thread topic, the abovementioned issue seems to be solved with this update. No in-app iPod functionality present but it was unnecessary anyway with the introduction of mutlitasking.
That wasn't the OP's concern.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Maps were on the device before 2.0.

There's no way that traffic is stored on the device. The info would be instantly outdated.

That wasn't the OP's concern.

Excuse me but I'm the OP so I know best what my concern was. :p

xpower180

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2011
UK/Dubai
I've also noticed this volume issue since ios5....
It was much better before, as I could have the nav voice much quieter than my music in the car... I hope this is an oversight and gets resolved.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I've also noticed this volume issue since ios5....
It was much better before, as I could have the nav voice much quieter than my music in the car... I hope this is an oversight and gets resolved.

It seems resolved in Navigon 2.0 ;)

araczek

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Tinton Falls NJ
Volume too low

I have the iPhone 4S also. I had the previous version of MobileNavigator and the volume was just, OK. Now with the v2.0 of MN the volume is WAY too low. There is no way you would hear this with the windows open. You need all windows closed and a REAL quiet car. Don't use heater or AC fan.

So volume issues (mine) are not related to IOS 5.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I have the iPhone 4S also. I had the previous version of MobileNavigator and the volume was just, OK. Now with the v2.0 of MN the volume is WAY too low. There is no way you would hear this with the windows open. You need all windows closed and a REAL quiet car. Don't use heater or AC fan.

So volume issues (mine) are not related to IOS 5.

Did you try to adjust the in-app volume slider found in Options?

JackieTreehorn

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2005
Amsterdam
Sound issues here as well with iOS 5, iPhone4S and Navigon 2.0. Too soft, absent, but when I accidently opened Navigon this morning it started giving my directions to my final destination.

Hope this gets dealt with soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.