PDA

View Full Version : Apple Update Timeline

MacSA
May 19, 2005, 09:25 AM
Any thoughts on why Apple have lengthened the update times for their computers. They all now seem to have 8-10 months between updates, 13 months in the case of the eMac. Perhaps they've reached a technolgical deadend - especially with the G4 processor - I would have thought they could have put one of the newer G5's in the latest eMac, maybe in another 13 months perhaps :rolleyes:

redeye be
May 19, 2005, 10:23 AM
...Perhaps they've reached a technolgical deadend - especially with the G4 processor...
From what I read around here the G4 is far from dead, just hold on just a bit longer (I hope).
As for the longer times between updates. They must be brewing something really good (again, I hope)
;)

topgunn
May 19, 2005, 10:42 AM
It's not just Apple. The entire industry is experiencing a similar slow down. Oh, and there is plenty of life left in the old G4.

shadowmoses
May 19, 2005, 10:44 AM
I agree the G4 is far from dead and will remain in the apple product line for years to come. not everyone needs superfast 64-bit G5 processing, a good G4 is fast enough for most anything the average computer user would do.