PDA

View Full Version : Synchronize iTunes music between Mac and Windows 7

giolicious
Nov 15, 2011, 12:36 AM
is there a built-in feature of iTunes to synchronize music between a Mac and a Windows?

snowwhite007
Nov 15, 2011, 04:38 AM
Why not just put ur itunes on an hdd and change it to hdd in itunes settings? Or even better sign up to itunes match or buy a network drive

icstoo
Nov 15, 2011, 06:17 AM
Are you running windows on the mac? If so, there is a program called iTunes Library Updater that will refresh your library (i.e. add any new songs you've added/bought from iTunes while running OSX) to your Windows version of iTunes. If not, and Windows is running on a separate machine to your mac, then if you enable home sharing, you can set your libraries to sync with each other. To do this, enable home sharing, and your mac will show up in the left hand pane of iTunes. Select it and at the bottom there is a 'Settings' button. Select this and you can choose whether to sync music, podcasts, apps, etc. Just do this for both your mac and your windows machine.

IC

ZipZap
Nov 15, 2011, 08:56 AM
Supersync will do it.

yongren
Nov 15, 2011, 11:45 PM
Are you running windows on the mac? If so, there is a program called iTunes Library Updater that will refresh your library (i.e. add any new songs you've added/bought from iTunes while running OSX) to your Windows version of iTunes. If not, and Windows is running on a separate machine to your mac, then if you enable home sharing, you can set your libraries to sync with each other. To do this, enable home sharing, and your mac will show up in the left hand pane of iTunes. Select it and at the bottom there is a 'Settings' button. Select this and you can choose whether to sync music, podcasts, apps, etc. Just do this for both your mac and your windows machine.

IC

Good post, I had no idea you could sync entire libraries over home sharing.

giolicious
Nov 16, 2011, 12:03 AM

IC

i don't think this will work on non-purchased iTunes music.

Neon01
Nov 17, 2011, 09:07 AM
i don't think this will work on non-purchased iTunes music.

It does. I have it working at home and I've never bought a single song from iTunes (and I'll probably keep it that way)