Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AaronB21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I have Apple TV 2 and iPad 2. Before the iOS5 update, I had the iPad 2 able to be mirrored. Both items have the most recent software upgrades. I had the silly problem before that it wasn't working, and it turned out that after putting an upper case letter in my iTunes password, it started working. Everything was working fine. Then I did the new iOS update for bother the iPad and AT2. Now i don't get the little icon that lets me use my iPad on the AT2. I tried full restore and all the resets on the AT2 and it doesn't do anything. I do have every other kind of access via the internet, so the internet is working.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I have Apple TV 2 and iPad 2. Before the iOS5 update, I had the iPad 2 able to be mirrored. Both items have the most recent software upgrades. I had the silly problem before that it wasn't working, and it turned out that after putting an upper case letter in my iTunes password, it started working. Everything was working fine. Then I did the new iOS update for bother the iPad and AT2. Now i don't get the little icon that lets me use my iPad on the AT2. I tried full restore and all the resets on the AT2 and it doesn't do anything. I do have every other kind of access via the internet, so the internet is working.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but have you turned on Airplay on both? I know you have to on the ATV, I can't recall if there's a preference setting on the iPad that needs to be turned on.

AaronB21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but have you turned on Airplay on both? I know you have to on the ATV, I can't recall if there's a preference setting on the iPad that needs to be turned on.

Everything looks right. I didn't change anything from when it was working before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.