Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
My Sena arrived from an Amazon reseller today and box was crushed and leather had four scags /marks on it. So much for "fulfilled by Amazon"!

I noticed that the inside stitching on the sides is quite rough and when inserted it left some sort of faint line on the band. Does this mark the antenna with continued use?

Anyway, its going back tomorrow for a refund and I have just ordered one from senacases instead.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
they have them at the apple store, unless you want a different color than black

wish i can answer your question, but i use lucky lab wraps to protect the band...ultraslim case still works great with the wraps

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Had one for my iPhone 4 and it left no marks at all
The leather softens after a week or two.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
it actually left black marks on my side skins, so im not sure if it would leave those marks on the actual metal .

Chucktownwhat

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2011
I am not sure but I had a SENA case on my palm years ago and it took of the paint every place that the stitching touched the phone.

Zillan

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2011
Belgium
Ive had 2 of those leather pouch, and i can confirm that they DO leave marks!
They leave marks on your screen ( at the stitches on top ) by the speaker.
And if you tend to squeeze your iPhone while trying to get it out it even leaves marks on the antenna

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I cancelled the order with Sena. It is a shame as I really liked the look and design of this case and it looked superb on the iPhone 4. Maybe that is the reason why most other leather cases stitching is on the outside?

I am using a soft sunglasses pouch at the moment.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I got mine a week ago and I've had it on ever since. I've had absolutely no problems with it, and I absolutely love the case! Definitely one of my favorites by far!

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I used one on my iPhone 4 and it did leave small scratches on the band from the inside stitches the case has. Of course they wont be that visible, u really have to focus in to see them. Not only that but the stitches that are on top can also mark up the front and back glass.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
I was using this case for months on my cdma iphone 4 before getting the vapor pro white edition :), i absolutely love this case, but it did leave very faint whitish streaks on both sides of the phone on the stainless steel antenna. They weren't scratches, and they weren't black like the case, so it was weird, but they were barely noticeable, so i didn't care. I did not have any problems with the case making marks or streaks on the screens at all.

It almost seemed like they were just wear marks like taking off just a bit of the finishing of the stainless steel where they hit the most when removing the phone from the case. I was pretty rough with breaking the case in so I bet that's when it happened. If you let the case break itself in, I bet it wouldn't happen... i dunno...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.