PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air 13"

jeffcfx
Nov 15, 2011, 08:42 PM
I picked up an older macbook air that I replaced the logic board in. Laptop works fine now other than the backlight(less) display. I can see the screen but its very very dark. I have an external monitor hooked up and can see it very clearly.

Id like to get this fixed and am very tech sav but cant seem to find the answer to this question.

What controls the backlight? No inverter board to replace... Is the lcd dead or might replacing the lvds solve the problem.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

MacModMachine
Nov 15, 2011, 08:51 PM
I picked up an older macbook air that I replaced the logic board in. Laptop works fine now other than the backlight(less) display. I can see the screen but its very very dark. I have an external monitor hooked up and can see it very clearly.

Id like to get this fixed and am very tech sav but cant seem to find the answer to this question.

What controls the backlight? No inverter board to replace... Is the lcd dead or might replacing the lvds solve the problem.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

whats exact specs of the model your working on, or model number.

could be an assortment of issues, can't really help without more info though.

MultiFinder17
Nov 15, 2011, 09:14 PM
If you replaced the logic board, check to make sure that the display cable is securely plugged in.

jeffcfx
Nov 15, 2011, 09:25 PM
Apple MacBook Air 13.3" Laptop - MB543LL/A

Hard Drive Capacity: 120 GB Release Year: 2008
Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo Release Month: October
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz Product Family: MacBook Air
Weight: 3 lb. Screen Size: 13.3"
MPN: MB543LL/A Memory: 2 GB

Im sure that the cable is attached correctly which is why im thinking its the lvds cable or maybe the monitor. Im not sure where to go next.

I read that there is a sensor that can get stuck that triggers the backlight to come on when you open the lid of the laptop. Could that be the problem?

Thanks again.

agentphish
Nov 15, 2011, 10:30 PM
no sensor I'm aware of.

I'd say you're probably in need of a display.

Was the display working prior to your logic board replacement?

jeffcfx
Nov 15, 2011, 10:40 PM
No. The logic board was completely dead. Nothing worked at all.

MacModMachine
Nov 16, 2011, 06:20 AM
if you a sure the lcd is backlight is good i would look for a possible pinched cable (it has happened to me before) , also if the notebook was water damaged it can damage the backlight if the logic board was damaged.