PDA

View Full Version : I have a mbp, but what I really want is a mb

DryEyez
Nov 16, 2011, 08:16 AM
I'm not the creative type, I studied psychology at university, I love listening to music, web browsing and writing up epic amount of documents. The MBP is nice, I have a 2010 model (I originally bought a 2011 but returned it because I enjoy my lap not melting). Am I the only one who would love to own a macbook and not a macbook pro. I would buy one tomorrow if they were still for sale :(

PS Yes I am considering refurbished as they have core 2 duo same as my 2.4ghz core 2 duo in my mbp which is sufficient for my needs. And I prefer the discrete graphics.

simsaladimbamba
Nov 16, 2011, 08:18 AM
No MacBook ever had a discrete graphics, they all had shared graphics, called an integrated graphics processor (IGP), but the Core 2 Duo MacBooks had a chipset from Nvidia, thus the slightly better graphics.
What is wrong with a MacBook Air?

DryEyez
Nov 16, 2011, 08:26 AM
No MacBook ever had a discrete graphics, they all had shared graphics, called an integrated graphics processor (IGP), but the Core 2 Duo MacBooks had a chipset from Nvidia, thus the slightly better graphics.
What is wrong with a MacBook Air?

ah my mistake, I thought the nvidia 320/330m were discrete. There's nothing wrong with the macbook air apart from the fact you can't upgrade the ram or hdd/ssd and paying for that from Apple is overpriced and for the 850 price whilst I think it's a good price I would hate to have an 11 inch screen. I think the 'economy' laptop that the mb was served well.

cluthz
Nov 16, 2011, 08:29 AM
ah my mistake, I thought the nvidia 320/330m were discrete. There's nothing wrong with the macbook air apart from the fact you can't upgrade the ram or hdd/ssd and paying for that from Apple is overpriced and for the 850 price whilst I think it's a good price I would hate to have an 11 inch screen. I think the 'economy' laptop that the mb was served well.

330m is discrete.

ezramoore
Nov 16, 2011, 09:51 AM
The 13" MacBook and the 11" MacBook Air share a very similar resolution.

tug
Nov 16, 2011, 11:24 AM
I've got a late o8 mb, il straight swap ya.

laptoplover2
Nov 16, 2011, 12:52 PM
IF you want one then you really should get one. I have one, the one with the 2.26 GHz processor. When I got it, it had the same specs as the 13 inch MacBook Pro but a bigger harddrive.

But yeah then your MacBook Pro could be like your main Mac for all the big stuff and then your MacBook could be like your more portable Mac or something.

Sonhascome
Nov 23, 2011, 12:00 PM
You're probably not the only one who would prefer a macbook but definitely one of the few

malman89
Nov 23, 2011, 04:24 PM
I certainly would like a white MB if it was like the last white version ran C2D CPU and NVIDIA GPU. An updated version would be great :p

13" MBP is (was) a $200 charge for a fancier shell [and someone is going to mention Firewire which most mainstream consumers don't use]. It is a very nice aluminum shell, I'll give you that, but it was a ripoff when the white looks swell (especially the unibodies, mine was pre-white unibody).

The 13" MPB specs today still don't warrant being called "pro" anything, just a pro price. It wouldn't even be an option when I replace my 2006 model MB. It'll be MBA, 15" MBP, or a Windows laptop.

hamlin
Nov 24, 2011, 10:52 AM
I have the mid 2010 white macbook. I upgraded the ram to 4 gb and it's pretty good. it has the geforce 320m inside. Decent for older games. ****** for new ones.