PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone!

Willy S
May 19, 2005, 07:57 PM
After getting some good advice here I decided to buy an iMac G5 for 999 euros at Fnac, (1.8, superdrive, 64mb graphics, 256mb ram etc) Im very happy with this machine and Im going to buy 1-2 GB ram here in Germany.

However, I and my vife have a second computer, a PC that we are thinking of selling for a Mac mini, since we like Apple more than the XP or Linux. However, we have this excellent Creative 5,1 surround system that we would like to continue to use, and I wonder if there is some sound card that could enable us to use it with either the iMac or the mini?

Cooknn
May 19, 2005, 08:07 PM
However, we have this excellent Creative 5,1 surround system that we would like to continue to use, and I wonder if there is some sound card that could enable us to use it with either the iMac or the mini?You might want to check out the Griffin Firewave (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/firewave/). It's $99 but delivers 5.1 surround sound to the Mac from what I've read. Hmmm. Not shipping yet...

stevey500
May 19, 2005, 09:20 PM
The M-Audio Sonica 7.1 USB is pretty nice!! Check that out. I have had nothing but very great experiences with M-audio.. i have the PCI 5.1 M-audio card and it just blows me away, I really like it's simplicity and quality.