Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c4s4cj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Upgraded to Lion...now my old Photoshop doesn't work. Is there anything I can buy/download from the App Store that is comparable? Thanks!

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Well, it ain't Photoshop, but for anything less than pro use, I think most people would find Pixelmator more than adequate.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
What version of PhotoShop are we talking about? I had issues with all of my Adobe CS3 apps when I first tried Lion after the release date. Adobe products rely on a Java Runtime Extension that isn't installed by default under Lion causing it either crash or just fail to launch these products. When you install Lion, you need to use the Custom Install option and check the box for Java Runtime.

Here is a link on Adobe product issues with Lion.

BTW, I still run Snow Leopard on my '08 MBP. I'll give it a try again on the .5 update.

Dale

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
This guy is trolling.

Who would just simply accept the fact that their $500+ programs no longer worked because they upgraded their OS?

stevendphoto

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2011
PS Version 5 works fine on Lion, if you have kids (in School), you can buy it from Academic Superstore for under $200!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.