PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 specs

TheMasin9
May 19, 2005, 08:44 PM
ne one else think the xbox specs are a little bogus, i mean a triple core 3.2ghz G5 cpu!!!! that is faster and more powerful than anything that is avaliable on the consumer now. this thing is going to have to cost sooo mucn money, not to mention the graphics processors power as well. The case that we have seen the 360 in is way to small to handle the kind of heat that these two processers would put out. Plus with these components, how can microsoft offer this product to consumers for anything less than $1000-1500.????!?!?

stevey500
May 19, 2005, 09:11 PM
Its not exactly a G5... its simular, its a PowerPC IBM chip just like apple uses, but not exact. It uses liquid cooling similar to the G5... but ... well you should see this for yourself, http://anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2420&p=5 Microsoft is up to something.

The 360 is suposably going to be sold for around $400-450 :rolleyes:
Now lets install os x on it and solder some pci slots on there :)

i have my xbox modded right now, wonder if they will make evolution X dashboard for the 360 powerPC instead of the ol' x86 language

TheMasin9
May 20, 2005, 08:48 AM
but still, how can ibm be supplying microsoft of all people with this powerful of a processor before its longtime partner apple. and i still dont understand how a gaming console can have a more powerful processor than any computer available now!