PDA

View Full Version : MBA camera vs MBP camera

vampireszombies
Nov 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
Hi, I'm in the market for either a MBA 13" or a MBP 13" but I skype and
take pictures a lot using webcam so I'm wondering which laptop has the better camera?
I'm sure the MBP does, but is it a noticeable difference?

My current laptop has a VGA resolution webcam and it sucks.

Is the MBA's camera at least as good as the frontfacing camera on the iPhone 4?

Thank You.

gravity black
Nov 16, 2011, 09:23 PM
The apple website mentions that the MBP gets a "FaceTime HD camera", while the MBA gets a "FaceTime camera". That's pretty ambiguous, but I couldn't find the tech specs on the built-in camera for the two anywhere else.

dasmb
Nov 16, 2011, 09:26 PM
lolwut?

Dude they both suck. Made for chat exclusively.

vampireszombies
Nov 16, 2011, 09:27 PM
lolwut?

Dude they both suck. Made for chat exclusively.

Yes there not going to replace my DSLR.

Whats photobooth for then?

wrinkster22
Nov 16, 2011, 09:30 PM
the air camera is pretty bad, I just finished a 2 hour video chat with someone and they kept commenting about how bad the picture was. I did not care because they had an iMac with an hd webcam (same as MBP) so I saw them just fine :D
Also the front facing camera on the macbook air and iPhone are the same resolution I believe.

vampireszombies
Nov 16, 2011, 09:35 PM
the air camera is pretty bad, I just finished a 2 hour video chat with someone and they kept commenting about how bad the picture was. I did not care because they had an iMac with an hd webcam (same as MBP) so I saw them just fine :D
Also the front facing camera on the macbook air and iPhone are the same resolution I believe.

Awesome, Thank You.:D

blueroom
Nov 16, 2011, 09:40 PM
You need good lighting for the iSight cameras.

Christopher387A
Nov 16, 2011, 09:46 PM
The isight cameras are terrible on these things. If my room is remotely dim, you might as well forget about it.

The Samurai
Nov 18, 2011, 12:03 AM
The MBP camera is some what better (HD). The Air camera is horrible.

If your thinking about external cameras, I am using a Logitech HD one but its no good with Lion as there is no support for it. Logitechs own software for OSx is buggy (take a look at their Mac forum).