PDA

View Full Version : Indesign SWF export jaggy text

jeremy h
Nov 17, 2011, 01:38 PM
I'm having to do an interactive document out of Indesign (CS5.5). It's going to be a PDF. I thought I had quite a good handle on this sort of thing but I've hit a real issue. Text exported out as SWFs renders with jaggy edges. Now I would say it looks a bit pixellated but - it's flash text right?

I've tried all sorts of things - no joy. (Playing with settings / outlining text / importing Illustrator text etc etc.) A swf created directly in Flash gives good results so it seems to be something to do with the Indesign export.

I have googled and other people have had the same problem but there never seems to be an answer (just the usual - check you're not rasterizing it etc etc)

Anyone had this / solved it / got any thoughts?

macstudent
Nov 18, 2011, 08:12 AM
Make sure the your text is above any transparency/effects. If your text is underneath or even near an effect like a drop shadow it will be rasterized upon export.

jeremy h
Nov 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the response - I don't think that's it as I have tried on a 'blank sheet' so to speak. I'd just add it doesn't 'feel' like it's rasterising as such in that it feels more like a bad / scruffy outline when the animation displays over 100%.

I've attached an image to show what I mean. Although it's not obvious on the attached file (this is a bit small to show properly - when displayed the shapes are crisp) but it does show the weird way the lettering just sort of breaks up.

It's really irritating...