PDA

View Full Version : MBA Ball Scratcher

Kelped
Nov 17, 2011, 10:33 PM
I have a question...How easily do the four plastic "balls" (feet?) on the bottom of the MBA scratch? Will they get scratched up over time?

Moyank24
Nov 17, 2011, 10:58 PM
*double post*

Moyank24
Nov 17, 2011, 11:00 PM
A+ thread title.

It got me to click. :o

Poindexter333
Nov 18, 2011, 03:05 AM
I have a question...How easily do the four plastic "balls" (feet?) on the bottom of the MBA scratch? Will they get scratched up over time?

You'd be nuts to think they won't. :) Those things are fairly delicate, especially if you bang them around.

Kelped
Nov 20, 2011, 09:20 PM
A+ thread title.

It got me to click. :o

Glad you like :D

I'm starting to notice some shine on the bottom where the balls come in contact with the table. I'm thinking of spending $20 on some ZAGG invisibleSHIELD-type ball protectors.

If I'm willing to spend $1000+ on an expensive laptop, then I might as well spend a little bit more to protect my balls, right?

Moyank24
Nov 20, 2011, 09:21 PM
Glad you like :D

I'm starting to notice some shine on the bottom where the balls come in contact with the table. I'm thinking of spending $20 on some ZAGG invisibleSHIELD-type ball protectors.

If I'm willing to spend $1000+ on an expensive laptop, then I might as well spend a little bit more to protect my balls, right?

Every Mac should have a jockstrap. :eek:

Kadman
Nov 21, 2011, 09:26 AM
Every Mac should have a jockstrap. :eek:

With AppleCare for extra support.

Anyway, I just recently picked up my MBA 11" but I can say that the one's on the bottom of my MBP (2010) are getting pretty worn. The good news is that they're easy to replace by removing the bottom cover. Not sure about actual availability and cost, but I'd venture to guess that Apple has them at a price that should come with free lube.

theSeb
Nov 21, 2011, 09:37 AM

This is possibly the wisest argument I've seen on these forums.