Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelped

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I have a question...How easily do the four plastic "balls" (feet?) on the bottom of the MBA scratch? Will they get scratched up over time?

Kelped

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
A+ thread title.

It got me to click. :eek:

Glad you like :D

I'm starting to notice some shine on the bottom where the balls come in contact with the table. I'm thinking of spending $20 on some ZAGG invisibleSHIELD-type ball protectors.

If I'm willing to spend $1000+ on an expensive laptop, then I might as well spend a little bit more to protect my balls, right?

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Glad you like :D

I'm starting to notice some shine on the bottom where the balls come in contact with the table. I'm thinking of spending $20 on some ZAGG invisibleSHIELD-type ball protectors.

If I'm willing to spend $1000+ on an expensive laptop, then I might as well spend a little bit more to protect my balls, right?

Every Mac should have a jockstrap. :eek:

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
Every Mac should have a jockstrap. :eek:

With AppleCare for extra support.

Anyway, I just recently picked up my MBA 11" but I can say that the one's on the bottom of my MBP (2010) are getting pretty worn. The good news is that they're easy to replace by removing the bottom cover. Not sure about actual availability and cost, but I'd venture to guess that Apple has them at a price that should come with free lube.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

This is possibly the wisest argument I've seen on these forums.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.